Careers & Internships
The Children’s Advocacy Center for Rockwall County offers competitive pay commensurate with education and experience. Health benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance. Additional benefits include life insurance, short-term disability, paid time off, professional development opportunities and a wellness plan.
Candidates with qualifications outlined in the job description, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Children’s Advocacy Center for Rockwall County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EMPLOYMENT & INTERNSHIPS
COMPENSATION: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
EXEMPT STATUS: SALARIED, EXEMPT
COMMITMENT TYPE: FULL TIME
BASE OF OPERATIONS: ROCKWALL, TX
The Director of Development (DOD) at the Children’s Advocacy Center for Rockwall County (CACRC) reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position is responsible for developing, sustaining, and deepening relationships with individuals, families, foundations, corporations, and the broader community. The objective of all development activities is to help potential supporters understand the ongoing needs of the CAC and, in turn, know how to respond with gifts of resources. The DOD will focus on donor development, foundation relationships, donor research, events management, and database administration. The DOD must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building relationships and closing gifts. The DOD will also be responsible for engaging other resources to grow donor relationships and support as necessary.
The Director of Development is responsible for all fundraising activities of the organization and includes the following:
- Growing operational funding for the CAC through charitable donations
- Developing and implementing a donor recognition and stewardship program
- Keeping individuals, families, foundations, corporations, auxiliary groups, volunteers and community members aware of the mission, accomplishments and needs of the organization
- Creating an annual Development Plan that will be used to measure progress throughout the year
- Developing, promoting and sustaining effective relationships with constituents and supporters
- Engaging the CEO, Board of Directors, and staff in development activities
- Communicating and coordinating the Development Plan and development activities with the Board
- Carrying a donor portfolio and working with the CEO and the Board to engage them with this portfolio
- Manage relationships with foundations and grant-giving entities through facilitating site visits and stewardship practices
- Working closely with the CEO to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective donors
- Attend Capital Campaign meetings and actively engaging with campaign donors when appropriate
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience required.
- Possess knowledge of and have existing relationships within Rockwall County.
- 3-5 years of Development/Fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience with owning and managing a prospect portfolio preferred
- Grants and Foundation knowledge preferred.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Self-starter who enjoys new challenges and adapts well to changing priorities.
Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Advanced skills in current Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn web-based, cloud-based software such as Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience with a CRM or non-profit database system.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and work well as a team member with staff, board, community professionals, and volunteers.
- High level verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with diverse perspectives.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Individuals should be creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and flexible, possessing a positive attitude, tact, good judgment, and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling.
- Able to grasp, push pull objects such as tables and chairs.
- Lifting of office materials (up to 25 lbs.).
- Moderate independent travel by private auto required.
- Position involves some evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and present in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- Travel may occasionally be required for educational or business purposes. It is not anticipated that any travel would last more than 2-3 days.
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance and reliable transportation.
- Expected participation in professional development activities.
- Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of a background check, including criminal and DPFS clearances.
If you have the qualifications outlined, and are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to: Applicant@rockwallcac.org
The Children’s Advocacy Center for Rockwall County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.