Child Abuse Prevention Month
Every April during Child Abuse Prevention Month, Children’s Advocacy Center for Rockwall County (CACRC) initiates our Go Blue for Kids Campaign to highlight and make an extra effort to create awareness about the importance of strengthening families and preventing child abuse. Blue is the official color to raise awareness about child abuse and we hope that all of Rockwall County will Go Blue for Kids to show that our community cares about keeping children safe from abuse. You can do this through helping raise awareness and giving back to the CAC.
Here’s how you can raise awareness and support the cause:
- Go Blue at home by tying a blue ribbon around your mailbox/tree or changing your front porch light to blue
- Wear a blue ribbon lapel pin during April
- Donate or volunteer with the CAC
- Buy a “Go Blue” T-shirt or a “Go Blue” Yard Sign
- Shop local businesses/restaurants and support “Go Blue” promotions
- Join us at Standard Service for our Go Blue for Kids Kickoff Party on Thursday, March 30th from 3:30 to 7PM
- Join us at the Rockwall Courthouse on the Downtown Square for Pinwheels for Prevention on April 6th, 6-7:30PM
- Wear blue on Go Blue Day, April 7, and share your pics on social media with #GoBlueDay #CACRC
- Learn more about us & how you can get involved by attending a Virtual Information Session on April 11th & 20.
- Attend our 7th Annual Go Blue for Kids Gala on April 29 at the Venue at Boyd Farm
- Participate in Blue Sunday on April 30th, 2023 by downloading our Prayer Request
Go Blue Day- Friday, April 7, 2023
This is a day that people across the state of Texas will be wearing blue in honor and memory of child abuse victims. Help raise awareness by posting why your wear blue and use the hashtags- #GoBlueforKids #wearblueday #CACRC and tag us @RockwallCAC
Blue Sunday- Sunday, April 30, 2023
This is a day for the faith community to pray for the millions of victims of child abuse and for those working to provide hope & healing for them.